Am I missing something? Why shouldn't I get a combi boiler?

2.4m, installation area is a bit funny. It's currently the corner of our kitchen but will become a utility room next year so we're not worried about short term awkwardness (want to do it now to make the loft conversion easier and so we can remove airing cupboard and do some more work there over the winter). But there's also a window on the wall perpendicular to the wall the boiler is on, about 400 in off the top of my head
A photo would help ;)

If you do go for a separate boiler and cylinder, the Joule High Gain will give you super-fast reheat times when piped for hot water priority, so you don't need such a big one...although the 200L is only 1.15m high which should give you plenty of room above for a boiler and lots of storage too.

Sponsored Links
Telford UV 250 Litre cylinder 1330 High
Baxi Eco Blue 875 High including 75mm top clearance

Leaving 195 mm between cylinder and boiler. baxi MINIMUM bottom clearance is 150mm 250

Well this is exactly the sort of thing I thought! I've attached a picture below. The wall next the window is actually only 300mm long so I'm not sure if we could put the flue out sideways through it anyway? Out the back and then changed to be at a right angle when we extend so it goes through the side wall there will do though I think, only a small area to box in or something.

Window sill is 121cm high so a 200L tank would fit nicely underneath. For reference the worktop is obviously 600 deep and that wall the boiler is on is 700 to the door opening.

The Baxi site http://www.baxi.co.uk/gas-boilers/system/ecoblue-system.htm says the total height including clearances is 1025mm, which would leave 1375 for the tank. 200L Telford Tempest is 1120 high so 255 clearance. But what about the expansion vessel, where could that go? And is there enough room around it to fit all the pipework in?

20170914_211937.jpg

If you want to get your cylinder in there are the moment I think you'll have to move your sink, but other than that there's no reason why you couldn't get one in there. The expansion vessels would probably have to go on the wall above the boiler, or in the cupboard next to the cylinder

Sponsored Links
No room above or below but can go next to the tank at floor level in the cupboard. Will have to try and argue my case with the plumber a bit more then and failing that find someone else! Thanks for everyone's input

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back