Amateur looking advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've done plumbing of one sort or another for many years, but still regard myself very much an amateur, which is why I'm on here looking for advice of a central heating guru regarding my central heating installation. This will be an install from scratch as I am completely renovating my house. I shall be leaving the boiler installation to the experts and only doing the pipework.

First of all I should say its a concrete floor. My plan would be to install 22mm pipe for feed and return from the boiler up in to the loft, (its a bungalow), then branch off with 15mm pipe down each corner of the rooms to floor level then reduce this to 10mm pvc coated pipe for the final run to the radiator. Reason for this is to bury the pipes behind the skirting.

I realise draining would be a problem, which is why I would fit a drain valve on each radiator, and also a bleed valve at the highest point.

This will be an oil fired combination boiler

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back