American students don't need to know science to be s scientist

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ohio House passes bill allowing student answers to be scientifically wrong due to religion

COLUMBUS, Ohio (WKRC) - Ohio lawmakers are weighing in on how public schools can teach things like evolution.

The Ohio House on Wednesday passed the "Student Religious Liberties Act." Under the law, students can't be penalized if their work is scientifically wrong as long as the reasoning is because of their religious beliefs.

Instead, students are graded on substance and relevance.

Every Republican in the House supported the bill. It now moves to the Republican-controlled Senate.

http://local12.com/news/local/ohio-...rs-to-be-scientifically-wrong-due-to-religion

Sponsored Links
This country is going the same way. A person is pleading to an employment tribunal for their job back after being sacked for stating that "a woman is still a woman, irrespective of what clothes she wears or what other gender she aligns to".

Sponsored Links
Mad religious nutters run the US - apart from the devil president.

It really does beggar belief.

Madness?

Well in the US judges agreed the Police do not have a duty to protect the public it's unconstiutional.

“Neither the Constitution, nor state law, impose a general duty upon police officers or other governmental officials to protect individual persons from harm — even when they know the harm will occur,” said Darren L. Hutchinson, a professor and associate dean at the University of Florida School of Law. “Police can watch someone attack you, refuse to intervene and not violate the Constitution.”

The Supreme Court has repeatedly held that the government has only a duty to protect persons who are “in custody,” he pointed out.

The title "scientist" means all and nothing.
I am a scientist myself...
But presumably you do not write scientific papers saying the earth is 6k years old etc????

Last edited by a moderator:
I meant that there's no title "scientist".
Other experts have titles like medical doctor, engineer, biologist, etc.
From one of the first websites in the list this is the definition of scientist:
"A scientist is someone who systematically gathers and uses research and evidence, making a hypothesis and testing it, to gain and share understanding and knowledge."

I look for any idea to work with wood (the stuff from trees ), i gather evidence and i make hypothesis, then test them to see if they work.
By doing so I gather more knowledge and share it here on diynot.

Hence, I AM A SCIENTIST

Geography. I tried astrophysics but didn't last long.

Sponsored Links
Back