American style PEX pipe joins

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dunno if any of you watch the US tv show Holmes on Homes on Discovery shed? I do and noticed that when they use plastic barrier pipe for internal plumbing, the joints they use are different to the bulky Hep2o and Speedfit style elbow's we use.

Pic here:

http://media.rd.com/dynamic/82/39/74/200702_PEX_002.jpg

The copper olive is crimped on with a crimping tool, the fitting has ribber o rings. Anyone any experience of it?

Sponsored Links
Hey Mark,

I worked in Canada for a couple of years and used loads of Pex, its good stuff in my opinion especially if you use the better quality pipe. It even comes in red & blue which cuts out the risk of cross connection. We ought to adopt this method over here as its proved to be reliable and looks a lot neater than seeing tons of speed fit fittings.
As far as Mike Holmes is concerned though, the good tradesmen of Canada and probably the U.S. they think he's a bit of a pillock!

Have a great day.
Nev

As far as Mike Holmes is concerned though, the good tradesmen of Canada and probably the U.S. they think he's a bit of a pillock!

Have a great day.
Nev

Im curious :eek: Why do they think this?

Sponsored Links
Yea, I like him :)

He's like dog the bounty hunter's DIY brother.

Mike Holmes,

He went to a building exhibition in Ontario and was introduced to the tradesmen as a "local Canadian hero" but was subsequently booed off stage, probably because of his holier than thou attitude and thinks he's gods gift to the building industry.

Mike Holmes:

"Thats not to code. Minimum code states using 9" centres for drywall fixings they used 9.5"... Its all got to come down"

He is overkill but get the job done. I watch it for humour value :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back