Amtech Software

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all: I have Amtech Fast test on a PC running Windows XP and would like to move it to my new laptop running Windows 7. Has anyone done it yet, does it work ok, how did you transfer all the information with it and does the software need to be activated again with Amtech.

Would just like to hear any experiances you had with it before I do it.

Thanks

OS

Sponsored Links
Most re load the software from the original disk and then load the data backup taken from old device to new.

Are you saying you don't have the disk ?

Sponsored Links
Contacted them and they tell me the 2008 17th edition of there software that I Bought ( because of the change to the 17th edition) and activated ... will not work on Windows 7, they will reactivate the software if I install to windows xp,

but to install on windows 7 I would have to upgrade, this would cost the same as buying the new version.

As far as I am aware we are still using the 17th and there has'nt been any changes to date so it looks like a bit of a rip off to me.

Most re load the software from the original disk and then load the data backup taken from old device to new.

Are you saying you don't have the disk ?

Have Disk ok Just was,nt sure about reinstalling without losing the data.

I will take your advise

Thanks

OS

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back