Amtico / Karndean with Underfloor Heating?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are planning on a renovation and extension project and plan to install water underfloor heating to our open plan lounge / kitchen (65m²). We realise that tiled flooring would work best with UFH but want something more comfortable and warmer also when the UFH is not being used. So we are considering Amtico / Karndean flooring. I know that the UFH temperature has to be limited to 27°.

I'm just not sure how well will the UFH work with LVT? Does it still give a good heating through it and doesn't damage the LVT long term? Is there much experience with this with combination?

Sponsored Links
We are planning on a renovation and extension project and plan to install water underfloor heating to our open plan lounge / kitchen (65m²). We realise that tiled flooring would work best with UFH but want something more comfortable and warmer also when the UFH is not being used. So we are considering Amtico / Karndean flooring. I know that the UFH temperature has to be limited to 27°.

I'm just not sure how well will the UFH work with LVT? Does it still give a good heating through it and doesn't damage the LVT long term? Is there much experience with this with combination?
No it doesn’t. Mines runs at 50deg through a screed with Amtico flooring and no issues.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back