Amtico lifting at egdes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just exchanged on an apartment that has Amtico fitted to the open plan kitchen/ dining/ lounge area. The previous owners had it put down in about 2007 and I have the original receipt showing there is 6mm plywood fitted beneath.

It has started to lift on one of the edges. I suspect because its got too hot and there is no room for it to expand?

The edge where it is lifting is on the outside edge of the room that borders the winter garden/ balcony - an enclosed balcony basically.

See photos. ANy suggestions?

Thanks

Stuart

Sponsored Links
Ooops - someone didnt use high temperature adhesive and the sun has caused the glue to fail

also looks like that tile was cut too big, but hammered down (by jumping on it) - this stress and the sun causing the glue to fail = a popped up tile

Yes it can be fixed, there may be more that will need fixing

I would get a pro in to at least advise you

Fitted correctly, Amtico will not expand and contract, that looks repairable but get a pro in to advise and do it properly.

Sponsored Links
Do you have any spare tiles? The door might of expanded a bit. Best to cut tiles a fraction short on doors that are in the sun. Nothing to do with HT adhesive, the sun makes the tiles shrink an they don't go back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back