Amtico stratica

Mo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I laid Amtico Stratica in my kitchen but Amtico's own adhesive went off so quickly that we had to abandon using it. We then bought Evostick Flooring Adhesive. I finished the floor just days before Christmas and now it is lifting in places. I have stuck some of them down again but the tiles have started curling up at the edges and I am having to lay really heavy weights on them to try and flatten them again. They are not quite as flat as they should be now.

I fear that they may all lift again. Does anyone know of a really good adhesive I could use. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Evostick Flooring Adhesive is the correct one to use,was the floor free of grease and did you clean the floor with a suitable detergent before tiling or maybe too much water cleaning the floor going into the joints causing it to lift ??? Did you follow the instruction carefully ?

I didn't clean the floor as such, thought the chipboard might not take the water. I know Amtico should be laid on ply but that is a long story.

I rubbed it down with one of those stone things, cant remember what it is called, then vacuumed it, then pva'd it. Funnily enough, the area in front of the cooker which had been a bit greasy before I rubbed it all down, has no problems at all. Have just been out and bought a new tub of the evostik just incase the previous one was old stock.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back