An Article In England's Press About Ukraine _ Closed. Too may threads on one topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
Palau
FYI and this is aimed at the abusers here, Putin is wrong and he is a typical leader that is doing whatever he can get away with to distract from the woes he faces at home and that is a FACT. I have never trusted any politician and fell for the mass hysteria of "WMD" and you know the rest, IE that country and other countries are now cesspits thanks to the west on the whole.
The invasion of Ukraine started well over a week ago and to avoid even more bloodshed, there needs to be peace and that means a ceasefire and honest talks re longer lasting peace for the ordinary people that always suffer the most.
===================
Quotes from a newspaper below and link near the bottom of the page. (Almost what I've been saying EG the west has been pushing evil putin into this invasion at the cost of the Ukrainian people and the west is guilty of turning Iraq/Libya etc into cesspits. Both sides are wrong and the ordinary public suffers whilst politicians the west/Russia have their bunkers)
===================
Re Ukraine

In a country crammed with Russians, they were trying to make Russian a second-class language.

Russians who had lived there happily for decades were pressured to take Ukrainian citizenship and adopt Ukrainian versions of their Christian names.

The schools were promoting a national hero, Stepan Bandera, who Russians strongly disliked and regarded as a terrorist.

And they were teaching history which often had an anti-Russian tinge. Quite a few people told me they felt put upon by these policies. Why couldn't they just be left alone?

I tire of being told that Nato is purely defensive alliance when we know it bombed Serbia in 1999, incidentally killing civilians, when Serbia had not attacked a Nato member.

I also don't recall Libya attacking a Nato member before that 'defensive' alliance launched the air war on Tripoli which also killed civilians, children included, and turned that country into a cauldron of chaos, benefiting nobody.

And then there's the other thing that sticks in my gullet. The countries of the West have egged Ukraine on into a confrontation with Russia which has predictably ended in Putin's barbaric invasion.

But while we stand and cheer at a safe distance, the Ukrainians are the ones who get shelled, bombed, besieged and driven from their homes. Is this honourable? Does sentimental praise for their bravery make up for it?
===============
=============================

The Full article is in the link below and its not Tass you clowns

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/...oming-Thats-wont-join-carnival-hypocrisy.html

I do not agree with the Hitchins bloke most of the time but this time he has hit the nail on the head. It is as though I'd written the article.

Bottom line: Putin as any world leader puts himself first but is is more evil than most.
Putin needs to go but we need to be careful who replaces him.
NB: Boris and his flyweight side kick Truss need to shut their big gobs and stop the rhetoric
and actually enforce the sanctions rather than bang on about them

Thank you and do report this thread as you do as you can't stand anyone disagreeing with your blinkered views.

Sponsored Links
:rolleyes:

Get a grip ffs

march 2022 what a time to be around

in years to come we will all recall the time that the world was on the brink of war

assuming we all survive of course

Repeated posting of misinformation.

mods please remove this Putin troll

Where is the "misnformation"??

"troll" just shows you've lost the argument and imo have some form of agenda

What is your proposal to peace right now??

Are you saying the there were no problems in Ukraine like most countries and you dont have to go far look at NI

Thanks

Sponsored Links
FYI and this is aimed at the abusers here, Putin is wrong and he is a typical leader that is doing whatever he can get away with to distract from the woes he faces at home and that is a FACT. I have never trusted any politician and fell for the mass hysteria of "WMD" and you know the rest, IE that country and other countries are now cesspits thanks to the west on the whole.
The invasion of Ukraine started well over a week ago and to avoid even more bloodshed, there needs to be peace and that means a ceasefire and honest talks re longer last peace for the ordinary people that always suffer the most.
I agree a ceasefire is required, AND a withdrawal of Russian soldiers from Ukraine unconditionally!

Quotes from a newspaper below and link near the bottom of the page. (Almost what I've been saying EG the west has been pushing evil putin into this invasion at the cost of the Ukrainian people and the west is guilty of turning Iraq/Libya etc into cesspits. Both sides are wrong and the ordinary public suffers whilst politicians the west/Russia have their bunkers)
While I may not disagree with you about pressure on Russia from the 'west', that in no way justifies an invasion of Ukraine.

In a country crammed with Russians, they were trying to make Russian a second-class language.
Every sovereign country has an inalienable right to decide which is its main language. A disagreement about that is no justification for war.

Russians who had lived there happily for decades were pressured to take Ukrainian citizenship and adopt Ukrainian versions of their Christian names.

The schools were promoting a national hero, Stepan Bandera, who Russians strongly disliked and regarded as a terrorist.

And they were teaching history which often had an anti-Russian tinge. Quite a few people told me they felt put upon by these policies. Why couldn't they just be left alone?
Every country has an inalienable right to decide its education policies. A disagreement is no justification for war.

I tire of being told that Nato is purely defensive alliance when we know it bombed Serbia in 1999, incidentally killing civilians, when Serbia had not attacked a Nato member.
That was a UN backed operation to prevent genocide. NATO were simply the lead organisation.

I also don't recall Libya attacking a Nato member before that 'defensive' alliance launched the air war on Tripoli which also killed civilians, children included, and turned that country into a cauldron of chaos, benefiting nobody.
This was also a UN backed intervention in Libya. NATO was again the lead organisation.

And then there's the other thing that sticks in my gullet. The countries of the West have egged Ukraine on into a confrontation with Russia which has predictably ended in Putin's barbaric invasion.
The countries, especially USA has persistently warned about Russian invasion of Ukraine, and have been proven correct.

But while we stand and cheer at a safe distance, the Ukrainians are the ones who get shelled, bombed, besieged and driven from their homes. Is this honourable? Does sentimental praise for their bravery make up for it?
Agreed, it's wrong and only a total Russian withdrawal is the correct way to end it.

The Full article is in the link below and its not Tass you clowns
I know that there are many abusive posters on here, but adopting their examples does not help your arguments.

I do not agree with the Hitchins bloke most of the time but this time he has hit the nail on the head. It is as though I'd written the article.
That's worth mentioning. He's an extremist on other equality issues. He's an ardent opponent of same sex marriage. he has ultra-Christian views about drug rehabilitation, he's a antii-vaxer, etc.

what happened to freedom of speech and all that caper

this is the UK not Russia

he should not be removed IMO

Re Peter Hitchins. As I said I often do not agree with him but this time I do.

Everyone can say something most will disagree with with but it does not make them wrong

People of the opposite view will ALWAYS come up with counter-arguments and that is a fACT

What do you lot propose to end this war as Putin is evil and he won't get out of eatern Ukraine Donbas/Crimea - you want a nuclear war or a ceasefire and work - progress on that never again turn to killings like now that could easily spread to a WW3. Personally I'd take Putin out via his clsoe cronies turning on him and then a way forward for all those that can live in peace toghter just like NI

what happened to freedom of speech and all that caper

this is the UK not Russia

he should not be removed IMO

"Freedom of speech" for the weak just Like Putin comes with shutting down opposite views. Re threats from evil Putin re nuclear attck on the UK, comes froman evil and WEAK person and that is another fact

What do you lot propose to end this war as Putin is evil and he won't get out of eatern Ukraine Donbas/Crimea - you want a nuclear war or a ceasefire and work - progress on that never again turn to killings like now that could easily spread to a WW3. Personally I'd take Putin out via his clsoe cronies turning on him and then a way forward for all those that can live in peace toghter just like NI
A ceasefire asap. Then allow diplomatic discussions to take their course. But, a) Putin has shown that diplomacy is not in his toolbox, b) any diplomatic result must be to Russia's detriment, and c) diplomacy must be backed by an iron will, not mealy-mouthed assurances.

"Freedom of speech" for the weak just Like Putin comes with shutting down opposite views. Re threats from evil Putin re nuclear attck on the UK, comes froman evil and WEAK person and that is another fact

inside every Russian is a Brit trying to get out :ROFLMAO:

although I would agree that Transam being incinerated in a nuke strike would be a loss to the world :ROFLMAO:

A ceasefire asap. Then allow diplomatic discussions to take their course. But, a) Putin has shown that diplomacy is not in his toolbox, b) any diplomatic result must be to Russia's detriment, and c) diplomacy must be backed by an iron will, not mealy-mouthed assurances.
Easier said that done and that is another fact!!

I've been attacked on several threads for citing "compromises will be needed on both sides" as that is a reality to a ceasefire. So what do you prose as
Putin will not withdraw from Donbas and Crimea that he already had or recognised and Ukraine leader not accepting that - so do you advocate comprimeses for now and we work on it and work on it not for another war fbut for peace for the sake of the ordinary people and not Putin, Biden, Ukraines leader or big-mouthed Boris and that incompetent Truss

Go’s on much longer and they will be reviving them telly adds from the 80’s

them public info adds telling people what to do in the event of a nuclear war

if I recall one was get under a table :)

a more apt ad would be

put yer ead between yer legs and kiss yer arris good bye :ROFLMAO:

Hope we have issued all out nuke weapon storage faculties with cans
Of WD 40

after all we would not want any stuck silo lids that won’t open

Sort of thing that could happen ;)

couldn’t fire our nukes due to a rusty / siezed hinge ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back