An Audience With ...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
... Tom Jones.

I was watching some music clips on YouTube last night and this randomly started playing after my selected clip ended. I fast forwarded most of it, however I find looking at the celeb audience on these 'Audience With' shows quite interesting because you think about things that have happened to them since, scandals, who's no longer famous, who's become more famous, who's passed away etc. This one was from 1999.

Couple of things I noticed:

John Leslie was in the audience having a great time, as was Ulrika Jonsson, although not sitting together. Little did he know then what was coming in later years, some of it connected in name at least to Ulrika.

A very young looking Ant & Dec were in the audience. They asked Tom about becoming famous and how did he manage to keep his feet on the ground. He replied with a story about going a bit out of control when he first made it big. He bought a Jaguar car. He reminisced about getting in the car after having a few drinks and then crashing it. His mum was none too pleased with him, lesson learned. Pan to Ant & Dec laughing. Little did Ant know then what was coming for him almost 20 years later.

And of course you see people no longer with us. Sad to see Paula Yates/Geldof dancing away in the audience, a year later she died of a drug overdose.

I post none of this to poke fun or make light of anyone or their circumstances. I just find these shows quite interesting in terms of giving us a snapshot of celebrity and fame and how life has panned out for them since.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Back