What happened to Jesus the second time around?

Sponsored Links
Really? He must have been a busy chap. World leaders that have lived to much older ages manage to write biographies.

yes,but they will be forgotten,and they wrote about themselfs,for themselfs. they were not God, and they did not raise people from the dead, heal,deliver, feed thousands,die on the cross,and be raised from the grave again,and is returning. the bible is the biggest selling book of all time. becuase its not a normal book,it is from above. but we dont have a relationship whith the book, we have a relationship whith the author of the book.

The bible was initially written by the disciples some time after Jesus's death, and they're are prefaced with the word "according to", so it's actually a recollection at a later date about what probably happened. I think it was written in Greek and Hebrew, even though Jesus very likely spoke Amaraic and Hebrew, with Latin being spoken by the Romans in charge, so may well have been a case of "did you say what I think you said etc etc".

It's been changed through several languages, and the dates got adjusted to help integrate the Pagans who worshipped the seasons into the Christian Church, so although it's reckoned that Jesus was born somewhere about March, the Pagan festival around Christmas, was deemed a better point to use.

Jesus didn't start teaching till he was about 30, and was crucified when he was about 33, and there are stories of him in appearing Glastonbury and India, so he travelled far and learnt a lot prior to preaching, but the real question becomes, was it before, or after he "died". There is a strong school of thought that he went off to India with Mary Magdalene after he rose from the dead, but that would have shown he was human more than enlightened, and wouldn't have worked in the churches favour.

Jesus said many will come and say i am he, i am Jesus ect, Jesus said, dont believe them, he also said many false teachers ,and prophets will come. we have the scriptures, anything that does not line up whith the scriptures is treated whith suspicion and normally rejected. your stories and many others are just heresay.

Sponsored Links
It was written by men.

the hand of man,but guided by the spirit of God. inspired by God.

2 timothy 3;16
All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.

For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

Jesus was NOT born in December!

Shepherds were in the fields, watching their flocks. The more likely time of year would have been summer or early autumn.

As for him being a stonemason, there are two references in the bible to him being a carpenter. How many references to him being a stonemason are there?

Think it was mentioned in a previous post by BnB about hanging or executing certain persons in society ???

how does that fit in with Christian religious values than ? (interested)

religion is generally the cause & rarely (if ever?) the cure.

mark 6
6 Then He went out from there and came to His own country, and His disciples followed Him. 2 And when the Sabbath had come, He began to teach in the synagogue. And many hearing Him were astonished, saying, “Where did this Man get these things? And what wisdom is this which is given to Him, that such mighty works are performed by His hands! 3 Is this not the carpenter, the Son of Mary, and brother of James, Joses, Judas, and Simon? And are not His sisters here with us?” So they were offended at Him.

4 But Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor except in his own country, among his own relatives, and in his own house.” 5 Now He could do no mighty work there, except that He laid His hands on a few sick people and healed them. 6 And He marveled because of their unbelief. Then He went about the villages in a circuit, teaching.

I recon a typical December day in the middle east is probably a lot different to a typical Decemeber in "the green and pleasant pastures". I find the language that is quoted in some of these posts very difficult to understand, it makes no sense to me. I suppose the translation from "middle eastern" to "olde english" to "modern english" hasn't done the meaning many favours.

Nozzle

Sponsored Links
Back