Running the world

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
....or a flight of fancy?

Naughty boy, you know how gullable we can be ...

[url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0 said:
...Few humans could have tolerated the extremes of danger Robert Garside described in his accounts of his attempt to become the first person to run around the world...

...Mr Garside jogged into Piccadilly Circus yesterday, four years after completing his run, to receive an official endorsement from Guinness World Records, the prize seemed hard-won, and the champagne, which he sprayed victoriously, amply deserved. Except, that is, for one or two minor problems - such as the fact that Mr Garside had earlier admitted to the Guardian that he had fabricated his accounts of his adventures in Afghanistan and Pakistan. In fact, he was in Britain at the time.

He also confirmed that he had shortened his route by taking a 1,300km aeroplane ride between Mexico City and the United States border - a trip he failed to disclose on his website, leaving the impression that he had covered the distance on foot in under 10 days, breaking a world speed record...

"People find what they're looking for. If you want to find negatives, you'll find them," he said. "For me, with good intent, I set out to run around the world ... on my mother's life - on Jesus Christ's life - I did it with positive intent and nothing else ... How do I feel? Relieved."

And the book?

:D :D :D :D :D

Sponsored Links
send Garside for a jog around afghanistan, Helmond province

Jog on .. you plum (as cockney monkies say ) lol...lol..lol :)

Sponsored Links
Back