Coronavirus: Trump to halt US funding for World Health Organisation

Sponsored Links
Yeah. Rule number one of creating a deadly virus to attack your enemy - don't release it into your own country first!
Hasn't Trump watched 12 Monkeys?

Rule one find a cure before you create the virus... A small city can be the Sacrificial anode... This is China we are t as lking about.

Not saying I believe it but its not unbelievable.

Anyway i think Trump knows what he's talking about but he's not a doctor ;)

Sponsored Links
"Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos grows fortune by $24bn amid coronavirus pandemic

Not surprised. With all DIY stores shut, a 750ml tin of gloss paint for delivery was being sold by Amazon at £30 :evil::evil: I eventually found the same locally for £13.00.

The billionaire Duke of Westminster has chipped in ten million.

Well done.

I'll keep him off the tumbril.

Where's Phillip Green?

Where's Lord Rothermere?

Where's Zac Goldsmith?

"Amazon paid tax rate of 1.2% on $13B in profits last year

Amazon said it paid $162 million in federal income taxes on $13.3 billion of U.S. pre-tax income"

Oh. I see.

They are a company like other globals - they can sometimes arrange for profit to be declared where it suites them. Amazon from memory was one of the ones that doesn't pay as much UK tax as it should so our tax people work out deals with them and still don't get as much as they should.

Not surprised. With all DIY stores shut, a 750ml tin of gloss paint for delivery was being sold by Amazon at £30 :evil::evil: I eventually found the same locally for £13.00.
Everything used to be cheaper on Amazon and EBay but not anymore.
I wanted to buy a couple of chimney caps recently, the cheapest one i could find on Ebay was 18 quid plus 4 quid delivery charge.
I got the same chimney cap locally for £12 plus Vat.

they can sometimes arrange for profit to be declared where it suites them.

Because they have outwitted the nations of the world, playing them off against each other.

We need the nations of the world to act together to stop allowing this.

As one of our previous Prime Ministers said, (who, like his wife, had benefitted from offshore schemes), some of this tax avoidance is "morally wrong"

By chance, Boris's chum Zac Goldsmith (a buddy elevated to the House of Lords after failing to be elected) also has history in this regard. Let's hope that, unlike Tory peer Lord Ashcroft, he stops now he's been booted upstairs.

Do you buy from amazon, Microsoft, eBay, Apple, Vodafone, google, EDF, NPower?

vote with your feet if you don't like it. I doubt you are likely to change the opinion or habits of others by posting these snippets.

Everything used to be cheaper on Amazon and EBay but not anymore.
I wanted to buy a couple of chimney caps recently, the cheapest one i could find on Ebay was 18 quid plus 4 quid delivery charge.
I got the same chimney cap locally for £12 plus Vat.

Same reason food is more expensive in M&S and Waitrose. People can shop elsewhere, but stick with what they know and like, even if it costs more, and especially if it is easy.

Amazon is cheaper some times providing they are handling it - Prime for instance and forfilled by Amazon. There can be a catch that doesn't matter though. For instance we use a hot water dispenser that boils how much we want. 3 year guarantee. 1st one had a problem I could have fixed but phoned the makers. Turned out that Amazon carried the first year themselves - they replaced it. It was significantly cheaper than elsewhere. The same can apply to other Prime items. Price sometimes better some times worse. Free postage often offers a pay for option as well when things wont get to people any quicker. We are family Prime members. Makes it a bit cheaper and often used as it's convenient.

Do you buy from amazon, Microsoft, eBay, Apple, Vodafone, google, EDF, NPower?

vote with your feet if you don't like it. I doubt you are likely to change the opinion or habits of others by posting these snippets.

The people whose opinions need to change are the legislators.

It is not a question of changing buying habits, but of corrercting the defects in our tax system.

Do you think that the citizens of this country hold the opinion:

1) It's fine for billionaires and multinationals to dodge taxes

or

2) Billionaires and multinationals should pay their fair share of taxes on the business they do in each country?

Citizens can vote.

Boris was threatening the EU indirectly via forming a tax haven just if their shores.

The Isle of Man does something similar and gets loads of insurance companies' head offices. ;) Being to try and think of something suitable for the bulk of people in the UK that uses larger numbers of people. Can only come up with call centres. Trouble is that we are not generally multilingual so need to thinks of something else.

LOL Amazon central maybe - pity about transport costs.

Sponsored Links
Back