Coronavirus: Trump to halt US funding for World Health Organisation

Awesome.. here we go.. the multi billion dollar WHO s advice on wearing masks..

How the **** are they working out the healthy people they're obviously one step ahead of us. If they could just fill us in on that little detail. Until then NOONE is healthy all wear a mask. Ffs.

Snippet from your link on masks

Advice to decision makers on the use of masks for healthy
people in community settings
As described above, the wide use of masks by healthy
people in the community setting is not supported by current
evidence and carries uncertainties and critical risks. WHO
offers the following advice to decision makers so they apply
a risk-based approach

Sponsored Links
The governments that pay for the WHO (and those that don't) will be saying "tell them they don't need masks."

Because there are not enough masks available.

Health workers are caring for sick people without adequate PPE.

If the proletariat get the message that they need masks, they will fight and steal to get them, and more healthcare and key workers will refuse shifts.

It is essential to tell the citizens whatever it takes to keep them calm and off the streets.

The tests take about half an hour to run and results are coming back next day now. But testing everyone, every day, who comes into a nursing home is pretty demanding in terms of numbers and logistics.

The mess up here relates to something I have experienced with my mother - can't help so find a home for her - not cv19 etc. This from reports has been related to CV19 sufferers maybe but no checks on these people definitely. The CV19 aspect is mentioned in that treatment tool that was posted but would have thought they would be mad to make use of it.

The big hole and problem here in respect to carers generally and with NHS staff - they may catch it elsewhere. One thing seems to be fact people with no symptoms can infect others. These could be the people that hardly notice anything at all when they catch it or those in very early stages. ;) I'd run away from anybody with a dry cough.

Logistics and what countries can arrange to do is what they have done but I get the impression that delayed action seems to be favourite especially past China's experience as at that point the problems were known. We have a protocol for handling this sort of thing that reasonably argues that they can't be stopped because people coming in will go to major population centres ( 70% of them was mentioned) 1 infects 2 to 3 and so on and some might have been infected on the way. Shut off say China and some one who has been there may arrive from some where else. There are all sorts of combinations. There is a discussion on one of the groups mentioned on the SAGE web site.

Where the response is probably very weak is that it looked like China had discovered a real problem rather early Jan so all sorts of things could have been ramped up much earlier. However what commercial organisation is going to make large quantities of anything without being fairly sure they will be sold. The UK standard response is also around - it states adequate stock of both types of mask. I wonder what case rate they used? So you might say some countries are hoisted by their own petard. They knew it would come but did little anyway. So blame China instead. Surprised they haven't managed to throw Russia in as well. Iran will probably have more deaths thanks to sanctions and loads of countries just don't have enough funding available from anywhere to cope.

Personally I wonder if the IMF should arrange for loads of money to be printed and then simply wipe out the debt but no doubt the usual will continue which will make things worse for all.

Sponsored Links
The governments that pay for the WHO (and those that don't) will be saying "tell them they don't need masks."

Because there are not enough masks available.

Health workers are caring for sick people without adequate PPE.

If the proletariat get the message that they need masks, they will fight and steal to get them, and more healthcare and key workers will refuse shifts.

It is essential to tell the citizens whatever it takes to keep them calm and off the streets.
Just when you were starting to make sense.

I think the issue is. Wearing a mask can increase the risk of infection. On the telly the other day police officers were handing out masks. That is a perfect example of where a person could come in to contact with the virus. The masks were not in packages and the police officer did not use sterilised tongs to hand them out.

So imagine plod is infected and is touching something that an uninfected person is about to put on their face.

WHO has been bought by China; Trump was perfectly correct to stop financing them.
Any organisation with "World" in it is usually a Marxist, anti-western set-up.

One thing though, China should be held accountable for these so called wildlife markets where these viruses are rife..

Not sure the viruses are rife there, just happens that it was caught there. But sounds like they are reviewing these markets now.

This could just as easily been started in a chicken farm, by somebody hunting, in a pet shop, zoo, petting farm ... lots of places and practices that we agree with can lead to the animal to human jump of a virus, so don't be too quick to blame the Chinese for their markets.

It's very unfortunate, and tragic, but not deliberate or planned. And could happen anywhere!

wtaf where is Wuhan? A person in China FIRST caught it where? Where was the epidemic before Wuhan? Have you seen those markets have you seen how many critics have commented about them being a ticking time bomb? Or do you think the USA planted it there to blame the Chinese?

Not very long ago I was on a train out of Liverpool Street, and a guy had just bought a live fish, or eel, that was slithering about in a plastic bag. So we have some live markets here in the UK too. China's are bigger with stranger animals, but they certainly exist here in the UK. No idea where they are, but I guess it's a case of those that want to know find out!

Exactly... fking incredible research and advice...

All available information is above the public's pay grade.

The politicians have been playing the high number game. Usually used on money X million to such and such, sounds a lot but not much compared with a near trillion budget also maybe just inflation and often over several years. Inflation may also be being made up rather late.

Instead say 1.5million masks might be mentioned, no indication of where they are or how many are actually needed or rate they will arrive at where they are needed. Big numbers help impress.

The public is thick so wont notice. The news will but will only usually mention some that are not happy so we are left wondering if things are good, bad or indifferent. There is so much reporting of bad things will tend to look that way even if they aren't. ;) Depends on who's news people take in and all can have that problem at times as no one could report anything if there is no news.

:) Interestingly - there is no gov to public brief today - they have become rather repetitive.

Not very long ago I was on a train out of Liverpool Street, and a guy had just bought a live fish, or eel, that was slithering about in a plastic bag. So we have some live markets here in the UK too. China's are bigger with stranger animals, but they certainly exist here in the UK. No idea where they are, but I guess it's a case of those that want to know find out!
https://mickseelsupply.co.uk

Jonbey stop looking over there look here, answer the question, where was the epidemic before Wuhan? Where did the first chinese person catch it? Or you saying it was from one of our fish markets?

Awesome.. here we go.. the multi billion dollar WHO s advice on wearing masks..

How the **** are they working out the healthy people they're obviously one step ahead of us. If they could just fill us in on that little detail. Until then NOONE is healthy all wear a mask. Ffs.

Snippet from your link on masks

Advice to decision makers on the use of masks for healthy
people in community settings
As described above, the wide use of masks by healthy
people in the community setting is not supported by current
evidence and carries uncertainties and critical risks. WHO
offers the following advice to decision makers so they apply
a risk-based approach
Anyone without a positive test result is healthy. Of course they also recommend contact tracing and heavy testing. We're so far off the WHO recommended path it's pretty much irrelevant to us. Like asking your satnav for directions to the shops whilst stuck on an iceberg in the Arctic.

Sponsored Links
Back