An easier(??) question about costs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am at early doodling stages of planning a garden office - would appreciate any guide to rough costs for the following, just so I can make fundamental feasibility decisions (location is just inside M25 - outer London borough, not central or even London postal)

1) Per sq m or sq foot of concrete base suitable for single-storey wooden building. The ground is flat and level, currently grassed. Clay soil.

2) Per m or per foot of water supply and waste (inc. foul) to connect to existing supply and drains on my land, max distance around 6-7m. Will involve digging through and then making good an existing concrete driveway.

Sponsored Links
it may sound a bit ott, but as you will need a concrete base, why not check out yellow pages for a concrete mixer company (you know the ones on the back of a big truck that deliver it and you pour it), i met a bloke who did this becasue it worked out almost the same and was much less hassle.

(dont live in kings langley do you?)

breezer said:
it may sound a bit ott, but as you will need a concrete base, why not check out yellow pages for a concrete mixer company (you know the ones on the back of a big truck that deliver it and you pour it), i met a bloke who did this becasue it worked out almost the same and was much less hassle.
Have neither the time nor the inclination to dig out a couple of tons of clay, get the hardcore in etc. Also no access for a truck like that, and definitely do NOT fancy the race against time to shift a couple of tons of concrete in barrows :eek:

(dont live in kings langley do you?)
No - but only 4 junctions away.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back