An RCD trip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK, So I had another RCD trip. Last week it was the hob fuse spur, this time its the oven, even if it is off.

However I've noticed that trips have occurred when the washing machine enters a spin cycle. What could it be? Oven and washing machine are next to each other, so when it drains, there will be water in the pipe going past all that.

The washing machine is on a different RCB to the oven.

There seems to be no sign of a leak from the front or in the wall on the other side. My neighbors below have not complained.

We did have to move the washing machine and put it back for a floor so perhaps something was dislodged? The trips started 5 weeks after we put the machine back though.

Sparky will come on Monday to check the circuits and machine is under warranty so I can call miele out if he cannot find anything..

Sponsored Links
Problem source found. Slight leak in washing machine outlet pipe join onto wiring. Hence RCD trip. Neighbours didn't notice as dryer dried it out. Builder will fix leak and l machine as it was

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back