Analog Thermostat being replaced by RF wireless stat. Wiring help please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a fully pumped central heating boiler where the central heating temperature is being controlled by a Drayton RTS1 thermostat with N L and Call wired.

I would like to buy a RF thermostat and would like it replaced with a Drayon Digistat+RF unit.

Question: I have a continuous supply to L, can I wire in the new unit just by placing a wired bridge between L and 1?

And are there any other considerations you think I might have missed before I purchase and install?

Andy

Sponsored Links
Question: I have a continuous supply to L, can I wire in the new unit just by placing a wired bridge between L and 1?

If you are referring to an SCR receiver, then yes Link L and 1, then 3 is your 'call'

If I remember correctly your existing thermostat doesn't have time control built in, so I would expect it to have a switched live from a programmer or timeswitch rather than a permanent live.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back