Replacing a room thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My existing room thermostat is an old mechanical ACL TS142 and it is linked to a Drayton Tempus 7 programmer. I would like to replace the thermostat with a more modern and hopefully more sensitive one. I have spotted the Drayton Digistat+ which I think it is suitable but am concerned that I wire it correctly. My existing wiring is :

1 (L) - Red Wire Connected
2 (N) - Black Wire Connected
E - Earth Wire Connected
4 - No wire connected

The Drayton Digistat+ shows four connections:

Off
On
L
N

Any help on wiring it correctly would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Drayton digistat won't work correctly here because you only have a twin and earth, red - live out from boiler, black - switch line back into boiler. Remember this black is not a neutral! You need a 2 core stat, Screwfix do a honeywell one with a digital screen for about £20 i think.

Thanks a lot for that information londonboy. Much appreciated.

londonboy,

I am now a little confused as I received the advice below from another forum.

Drayton Digistat+ Model 30002 RoomThermostat

That's the new one.

Simple enough red to C or L.

Black to call or on.

Sponsored Links
If the digistat has a neutral connection then 9 times out of 10 it will need a neutral to work correctly. Whats the model number of the new stat and I'll have a look on draytons website

Hi londonboy,

It is the Drayton Digistat+ Model 30002 and there is a wiring diagram on their website. Thanks for all your help.

Hi Alpha10,

Wiring as follows

Red to L
Black to On
Earth not required as double insulated so ensure sheathed and terminate in terminal block.

Neutral is not required unless it is the Energy Save model, which should be made clear on packaging or instructions.

Thanks for your advice jonjb. I confirm it is not the energy save model.

Hi londonboy,

It is the Drayton Digistat+ Model 30002 and there is a wiring diagram on their website. Thanks for all your help.

It's also on that other forum, and quite clearly says not connected on the neutral terminal. :LOL:

Just to say I wired it as suggested by jonjb and other guys in the forum and it works perfectly!

Thanks.

Alpha10

Wiring as follows

Red to L
Black to On
Earth not required as double insulated so ensure sheathed and terminate in terminal block.

Neutral is not required unless it is the Energy Save model, which should be made clear on packaging or instructions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back