Analytic corrosion in systems ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am using carbon steel xpress fit and some brass components, will I get Analytic corrosion due to mixing ferous and non ferous metals?[/u]

Sponsored Links
Electrolytic corrosion is a common form of corrosion within a heating system. Any old systems that I've tackled in the past with LCS have been the ones that have had larger amounts of magnetite. Flush the system with cleanser then refill with correctly dosed inhibitor. A magnetic filter wouldn't go amiss to continually draw out any magnetite carried in suspension when in use.

James.

Electrolytic corrosion is a common form of corrosion within a heating system. Any old systems that I've tackled in the past with LCS have been the ones that have had larger amounts of magnetite. Flush the system with cleanser then refill with correctly dosed inhibitor. A magnetic filter wouldn't go amiss to continually draw out any magnetite carried in suspension when in use.

James.
Cylinder is 1500 litre and carbon steel. Boiler is iron castings. So was going to use carbon steel because 1 1/2 inch pipe. My heat meter is brass, otherwise there is iron everywhere! Correct dosing and sealed system will help me but wondered if the brass makes it worse?

James.
Cylinder is 1500 litre and carbon steel. Boiler is iron castings. So was going to use carbon steel because 1 1/2 inch pipe. My heat meter is brass, otherwise there is iron everywhere! Correct dosing and sealed system will help me but wondered if the brass makes it worse?

I hope potable water is not coming into contact with LCS?

James.

Sponsored Links

James.

I hope potable water is not coming into contact with LCS?
No just primary heating water.

James.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back