Animal lovers please note

Sponsored Links
Kennels and Catterys, are hand in hand with vetinary practices, domestic animals are seen as cash machines..

Wotan

Bloody Cats. Ban 'em.

Tie the owners to a post and whip 'em, on an hourly basis.

domestic animals are seen as cash machines..

Wotan

Too true Wotan. My brother's dog caught one of it's hind legs on a barbed wire fence a week last Sunday. He took it to the vet's on the Sunday and the wound was duly stitched up (as was my brother) The cost? A mere £500. :eek: He went to work Monday morning, leaving his dog with one of those lampshade type things around it's neck. When he got home, the dog had managed to get out of the lampshade and had nibbled and chewed at the stitches so the wound was once again open (blood all over his kitchen etc) Back to the vet's and surprise,, re-stitched and the bill is now £250 for the re-stitching) . Same thing happened again on Wednesday (another £250) Luckily he's insured but there's a £100 excess for each treatment.
At this rate, the vet will be booking his Caribbean , all inclusive holiday, by the weekend.

Sponsored Links
They do it because they know they can get away with it, what you gonna do say 'sod that' i ain't payin that much, here you keep the dog.....i'm off!

What you should do and i've done it in the past is get someone who's out of work on the rock n roll, i had a mate that wasn't working, register your pet with the PDSA or 'Vets now' as belonging to your mate, they're allowed 2 pets to registered, so now you just rock up, get treatment, see bill and leave a percentage as a donation, even a generous donation is still well cheaper than going to your usual vet, just goes to show how cheaply you can get treatment, shows how vets are milking it.

You'd pay a lot more if you went privately to a human surgeon to stitch a wound up in your back leg. And the process is exactly the same. Clean it up and if it's not too dirty/old make sure the edges approximately come together, let the body do the clever stuff.

Sunday probably had a lot to do with it, emergency vets charge more.

Last time our cat tore a hole in itself it cost £90 to stitch it up. Had to be anaethetised and all that stuff. I'd have told them to bloody make sure it didn't wake up but mrs wouldn't have it. Our local vet is good value for what you get, certainly far better value than a doctor or a dentist.

We insure the dog for third party liability mainly (and also I wouldn't have him go without treatment), the insurance over his lifetime is going to be far more expensive that his vet bills I am sure. We don't insure the cat, if it get's too ill and expensive it gets shot *.

As for annual jabs, from an immune system point of view almost certainly a complete waste of time and money and probably not that good for the dog. I asked the vet about any evidence that it 'wears off' and it doesn;t sound like there is any, they are being careful/over prescribing because they simply don't know any better.

Unfortunately the insurance requires annual jabs, and the RSPCA who haven't really got a clue about dogs would probably start getting upset if you didn't jab them once a year. Now you have to positively care for your animal (a good thing) they might consider not jabbing the hound every year neglect.

* Joke, just in case the animal liberation nutters get upset

my mum has a sheltie,at about 9 mths old it jumped up and landed badly on 1 of its rear legs and shatered the bone,
TOTAL BILL JUST SHORT OF 3.5K ,thankfully it was insured.

My younger brother had a whippet about 20 yrs ago, which developed a tumour on it's underbelly. The vet told him that as the dog wasn't in pain, he was loathe to operate (saving him a fortune to boot) One of his neighbours reported him to the RSPCA, who visited and threatened him with court action. Demanded the dog had an operation to remove the tumour, or be put down. :eek: :eek: :eek: Brother showed them the vet's assessment of the dog, and they backed down.

We chicken lovers need to find a local vet, big opp for some people as chickens are pretty popular again. Chicken lovers have to decide if they live or die. :cry:

They do it because they know they can get away with it, what you gonna do say 's** that' i ain't payin that much, here you keep the dog.....i'm off!

What you should do and i've done it in the past is get someone who's out of work on the rock n roll, i had a mate that wasn't working, register your pet with the PDSA or 'Vets now' as belonging to your mate, they're allowed 2 pets to registered, so now you just rock up, get treatment, see bill and leave a percentage as a donation, even a generous donation is still well cheaper than going to your usual vet, just goes to show how cheaply you can get treatment, shows how vets are milking it.

And when you're in your local, you can help yourself to the British Legion poppy appeal collection tin. A few free drinks will help settle your nerves after defrauding an animal charity. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We chicken lovers need to find a local vet, big opp for some people as chickens are pretty popular again. Chicken lovers have to decide if they live or die. :cry:
Now then Libby. It's "Chicken Livers that are becoming popular (thanks to that loveable rogue Jamie Oliver) Without their livers, the chickens are dead anyway. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Now then Libby. It's "Chicken Livers that are becoming popular (thanks to that loveable rogue Jamie Oliver) Without their livers, the chickens are dead anyway. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Pretty quick for a ...lost the plot now.

Sponsored Links
Back