Another chap commenting on my car today ......

My first quick car was a Nissan 200 turbo. You only had to sneeze and the back would come out. I quite like my mrs 435d convertible, had it just under a year. It’s a bit of a sleeper at 310bhp and Avgs 45mpg.

Sponsored Links
Mm 200 turbo nice! One of my earlier projects was a Manta A series, i rebuilt from scratch twin 45's LSD rear etc, was a hoot to drive, absolutely evil in the wet, but i discovered Good year NCT's were deadly (nicknames No Contact Tyres). But then i discovered motorbikes and they were another dimension. Passed my test on a 125 straight onto a 750 and then a 1000 :)

Nowadays im far more sensible i poodle around in a 950cc Fiesta popular plus ;)

My first car was an Alfasud.

1.3 Boxer, but it went like shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Trouble was, in the days when insurance groups went from 1-6, it was group 6....:(

Sponsored Links
My first car was an Alfasud.

1.3 Boxer, but it went like shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Trouble was, in the days when insurance groups went from 1-6, it was group 6....:(

My cuzz had one of these the green cloverleaf, beautiful cars, and yes that flat 4 cyl engine, lovely but iirc had inboard discs? Lovely cars though, interesting lift off oversteer i discovered early on in my driving experience nearly stashed it.

Last edited:
Yes! In-board discs. Following the Haynes manual, I was trying to swap the pads.
The manual didn't mention (or I failed to clock) the fact that the thread on the grubscrews was handed differently.

Same as the sump plug on an old Simca. I changed the oil on one of these while helping out at a taxi company. They "forgot" to mention it was a LH thread. So I sweated it out for a few minutes before realising I was tightening it up!
Much mirth....

My first car was a mini 850........it was incredibly fast, easily able to do 0 to 60 in under 3

Good video of an e type jag pitted against a 1.7 TD Astra on YouTube. The Jag needless to say gets smoked :LOL:

You can't imagine what went through my mind when I read this bit! :eek:

Tis a joke ! When sorting out bits and bobs and customers thank me I usually say ....Oh it's Ok the meters running !

But then i discovered motorbikes and they were another dimension.

They certainly are. I never had a sports bike - too uncomfortable a riding position for my old back but the fastest bike I had was a Yamaha FJR1300 sports tourer. I had it for 4 years and did 4 European trips in it. The acceleration was phenomenal- 0-60 was said to be 2.7 seconds and you could do that in 1st gear. You really had to hold on to the handlebars though! It was also the highest speed I’ve ever been too - a true 142mph fully loaded with two side cases, a top box, tank bag, rear seat bag and a large screen. It would have gone faster too but it started to get a death wobble and my sphincter speed limiter came in to play. My mate on a lightly loaded R1 passed me when I was at 130 like I was standing still!

Sponsored Links
Back