Another Cold Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello :)

I know there are a few posts like this, but all offer various alternatives as to what the problem may be, but I wanted to ask my own question as I have a little bit more information.

My boiler is downstairs and I have 5 radiators in the house. The last radiator is in my bedroom and is currently cold.

I've tried turning off all the radiators except that one (by the thermostat and that didn't work), tried bleeding the radiator (water came out immediately) and finally I also took up the TRV and the pin was stuck. I lifted it up but no difference.

The main extra bit of information that I can give is that the pipe to the TRV (Thermostat) is cold. However, the pipe leading from the LSV (At the other end of the radiator) is hot.

I always assumed that the water would flow into the TRV and out of the LSV. However, on my system the only hot water is on the LSV side.

So, have I got my logic wrong and my LSV is blocking the water, or have I got a blockage in the pipe heading towards the TRV? Or something else?

If it is a blockage, is there something that I can do to fix it. I'm not a plumber, but like to think I'm comfortable trying some things that aren't likely to be too damaging out :)

Thanks in advance.

P.s. I've also noticed that the hot water is not as hot as it was before. Is that simply because it starts of colder due to the cold weather and can't be heated up so much in the same time frame?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back