Another Damp course question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I wonder if anyone could give me some advice on the damp proof course in my house?

Moved into it about four years ago, but didn't get the damp course certificates when I moved in (I know I should have), but since there were holes drilled for the course assumed that all was well. When I had a survey done the plaster on one of the external walls had a bit of damp in it, but in the report the surveyor suggested that it was trapped damp and just needed the plaster stripping off, a waterproof base coat and skimming.

It's been one of those jobs that I've been meaning to get sorted (either my learning to plaster or getting someone in) but just never got round to, and I am planning to sort it this summer.

Before I get it sorted though a though has occured to me - the holes left behind from the damp proofing course haven't been filled in. Is this a problem, should I fill them in or would this have affected the damp proof course at all? Could this have caused damp, the wall that's affected is external and the most exposed to the elements.

The house is a turn of the century stone end terrace that was renovated from a corner shop.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Fill them in if you want, it won't make any difference to the effectiveness or otherwise of the dpc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back