Another hopeless design.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a puncture in my Bipper today :(
Turns out it was a timber shard from hedgecutting - straight through the side wall :(:(
Never mind, the van has a full size spare! :D
Its held by a bowden cable underneath...its wound down, the wheel extracted and then wound back up again (y)
On winding the spare back up into place, the winding mechanism locked up, and then seemed to shear, doing nothing :(
The spare wheel is now dangling 2" above the tarmac, it won't move either way and I can't drive it :(
A new mechanism seems to be what I need, but I'm theoretically under warranty - if I can get the thing there (n)
Nice one, Peugeot :eek:
John :)

Sponsored Links
Got a puncture in my Bipper today :(
Turns out it was a timber shard from hedgecutting - straight through the side wall :(:(
Never mind, the van has a full size spare! :D
Its held by a bowden cable underneath...its wound down, the wheel extracted and then wound back up again (y)
On winding the spare back up into place, the winding mechanism locked up, and then seemed to shear, doing nothing :(
The spare wheel is now dangling 2" above the tarmac, it won't move either way and I can't drive it :(
A new mechanism seems to be what I need, but I'm theoretically under warranty - if I can get the thing there (n)
Nice one, Peugeot :eek:

It's such a PITA when a simple or supposedly simple jobs turn into this sort of mess. 10:1 it's a case of spoiling the ship for a hap'orth of tar.

After market mechanisms seem to be around the £60 mark.....I’ll see how things go tomorrow.
Even if I have to grind through the lowering cable, its coming off!
It would have been quicker to call the AA, which defeats the object somewhat!

Sponsored Links
After market mechanisms seem to be around the £60 mark.....I’ll see how things go tomorrow.
Even if I have to grind through the lowering cable, its coming off!
It would have been quicker to call the AA, which defeats the object somewhat!

That's the spirit (y)

Back