Another hotpoint aquarius thread

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have searched the forum and seemingly found what is wrong with my washing machine. Firstly the error codes pointed to a blocked filter so I removed that and with it a few quid in change, this rectified my problem for a few days then another error code pointing to the pressure sw stuck on empty so i removed the top blew down the hose and checked the switch which didnt seem stuck and hey presto the machine was fine for another few days. Now I have the following codes and from what I can gather i need a new pcb.
Hotpoint Aquarius WF541
Wash enhance flashing on/off flashing rapidly
Fault as posted by rock seems to be f08 light 1. heater relay
Now I have got this far can anyone confirm a new pcb or are there any further tests i can do ? What confuses me is I am only attempting to spin the load yet I am getting a heater relay fault.
Any help appretiated with thanks.
Mike

Sponsored Links
Fo8 is either heater or heater relay on pcb. Check the heater for continuity.

Remove rear white cover and it's there on the back of the drum. Its got 3 wires in it and 2 thin blue wires in the centre. Remove the outer 2 wires and check it with a meter.

Sponsored Links
Cheers rocks just checked the heater and there is continuity, to clarify the wires i checked were the brown (left) and blue (right). Does this mean it looks like the heater relay and therefore a new board ? I have used your past posts and found the supplier you recommended has one for about 60 quid.
Thanks in advance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back