Another Loft condensation problem

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi,
I have read lots of threads and the recent advice posting on this subject but I am not sure they have answered my problem.
Our loft has been recently converted. We have continuous vapour barriers in the ceiling and walls on the warm side. I cannot see any damage or holes. We have 300mm of insulation throughout. We have a mechanical heat recovery ventilation. The loft hatch is sealed and insulated.
There remains a small vaulted loft space and the roofing felt now has what looks like beads of condensation that are dripping onto the insulation in several areas, but not everywhere.
I am pretty sure it is not a roof leak.
I would really be grateful for advice on how the water vapour is getting into the loft given the vapour barrier and what can I do about it?
Cheers!

Sponsored Links
The vapour barrier must not be continuous, you need to find the gap. A Joss stick can help as t smoke will follow any cracks and gaps.
Check around loft hatch, and extractor fan duct, as above down lights is a good one, but even normal lights, any corners in the plasterboard. You'll find ou eventually.

Sponsored Links
Yes we have spots but they are the warm side of the barrier. I will try the joss stick test. thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back