another overgrown garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

I have an overgrown garden and would really like to get it sorted.
The lawn itself is very uneven with peaks and troughs all over. The grass? and boarders are full of weeds and not very pleasant at all.

I'm in the mindset to rip it all out and start again.

The way i'm thinking at the moment is to hire a rotovator to turn everything over which, hopefully, will make it easier to level out. Then turf over.
Is this feasible? Will the weeds start to raise their ugly heads again? Are there better ways of tackling this?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
It depends on the quality results you want and also largely on the size.

For a small garden the best way to a new lawn is probably to cut the turf up removing the sod and start again but this may not be feasilble with any real size. A decent result can be had with very extensive weedkiller, ie round -up, application and re-application. Then rotovate the lawn and level roll seed etc. As for borders and beds i'd be inclined to round up them and then weed by hand.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back