ANOTHER patio/balcony sliding door leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
I am new to the whole house/building thing, not very handy as well :(
Bought my first house, it was built brand new, only completed a few months ago. And so it was raining heavilly today.
Had a look at the patio and noticed that there is leakage at the bottom of the patio sliding door. It did not appear to be pooling, but just wet.

The area where sliding door slides onto (the sliding pathway?) is more a less the same level as the patio on the outside. There is a felt/velvet material that seals the gaps between the sliding door and sliding pathway on the exterior.

Have added photos onto my album. Hope you guys can give some advice on how to identify the problem and how to fix it. This is giving me lots of stress and my medical bills will go up soon

//www.diynot.com/network/user_album_update.php?album_id=16445

Sponsored Links
Your first port of call is the company who built this, or the site manager if this is an ongoing site. The doors will be under warranty for the first year (at least) for defects, and the fitting comes under NHBC guarantee for workmanship.

Hope this helps...pinenot :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back