Another Question - Ecotec 831

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Bit of a follow on from my previous post - Had the BG engineer out for a water leak which turned out to be rain getting in through the outside flu - one of the adjustments he made was to reduce the temp of the CH by dropping the temp from 75 to 60 degrees by the dial on the front of the boiler as this would be more efficient and save money. I have a Honeywell 927 wireless thermostat/timer fitted when installed and the fitter set the temp at 75. Setting the temp lower will this be more efficient as I thought it had to be set to max temp for the wireless programmer to work properly.

Ingott

Sponsored Links
I think I'm right in saying that you only set the Vaillant boiler temp control to max if you are using the Vaillant programmer. Only the Vaillant programmer controls the Vaillant boiler temperature. Other makes of programmer don't.

Therefore the boiler will be more efficient if the temperature is limited to around 60C as that way you ensure the boiler is running in its most efficient condensing mode. Running it at 75C will be less efficient, ie costs you more gas!

However that said you may find the house doesn't warm up so quick in the mornings so a slightly higher boiler temp may be needed. It depends on whether your boiler is fitted to new low temperature sized radiators or older higher temperature type.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back