Another SEAT problem

U

ukdan

Hi fellas. Managed to get my window regulator fitted re my previous post. Dealers took window out of door and i got and fitted a whole new door panel. What i noticed after i got it back from the dealers tho was that the central locking won't work on the door and nor will the electric mirror. I've checked the fuses and the wiring seems ok cos i checked it out as best i could whilst fitting the panel. Is there somewhere or something i've not checked yet? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sponsored Links
I would suggest you recheck all connections/multiplugs ,earth wires etc.
using a meter or test lamp...you should locate the problem.

;)

There is a multiplug inside the door, and one just under the dash (if i remember right) where the wires come through the rubber boot.

Theyve probably taken the door off and forgot to plug the wires back in

Thanks for your advice fellas. Don't think its a plug problem cos stuff still works on the door. ie The 2 speakers and the door light. I read somewhere the locking problem might be a microswitch in the door mechanism. Is this possible? But i still have the problem with getting the window to wind up and down from the drivers door. The window did work using the passenger door switch but now even that decided to play up. It did the same yesterday so i stripped the door down and unplugged and refitted the big plug to the motor and it worked. Till this morning. I'll try that again and see what happens. Any ideas on the other problems would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Back