Drivers door glass seating problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I Have a problem with my drivers door window on a 95 Nissan Sunny.

The other morning, it was really frosty so I de-iced the windows and set off. Although I thought the windows were properly thawed out, it seems they weren’t. I tried to open the driver’s door window (it’s an electric one) and it just stayed in its position. That wouldn’t be a problem I thought until I heard the mechanism inside the door moving up and down. I’ve taken off the door panel and there was the answer, the window had come out of the two ‘clips’ that it sits in on the mechanism.

My problem is, I can refit the glass into these clips and the runners no problem, but how do I stop the window coming out of them again? I know that this window is a replacement one after the former owner had the car broken into. It seems that the cowboy who fitted the new window, just used bathroom/kitchen transparent sealer in these clips and slid the window into it whilst it was still wet. This may of given a temporary fix, but obviously at the first sign of a frost, the window will come out of them again.

Is there some sort of adhesive strip that should go into these clamps to hold the window firmly in place?

Sponsored Links
In the past I've managed to use small peices of thin rubber to form a 'u' shape thus holding the glass in place when it is wedged in.Just be careful you don't break the window!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Back