SEAT Toledo front nearside electric window winder

U

ukdan

Hi. I got a problem with my Toledo (again). My nearside front window (electric) made a horrible noise as i wound it up. It then shot down into the door, never to be seen again. I decided to try to be a home mechanic (it is sunday, after all) and take my door apart to try to fix it. I got most bits off but i can't seem to remove the big plate that covers the whole of the inside of the door. After removing the winder mechanism i could see throught the hole. The cable that winds the window up and down has come out of the spirally thing. It looks a bit messy but i was hoping somebody could help me find out how to get into it to try and put it back in. Or do i need to pay good money out to a dealer? Thanks in advance guys.

Sponsored Links
I think you may find that the cable has snapped,that means a complete winding mechanism.It's not too difficult if you know a bit about cars and you can follow a Haynes Manual.The part won't be cheap and you would probably get a bill for at least 2 hours labour from a garage....Get the book and have a go yourself if you have a socket set etc.

;)

Cheers Jonny. Already had a go. Didn't manage too well. I could give it another go tomorrow. i got a workshop manual. Don't they all make it look so easy. I'll try and get a price from a dealer too. Just in case. Wouldn't be so bad but i was only changing my coolant. :D

Have a look on ebay for a new mechanism. I'll check on ETKA when i get home as i think they're the same as the Mk4 golf mechanisms

Sponsored Links
Cheers mate. Dealers quoted me £98 for the part, plus labour. Maybe £160. Need a new motor too but got a bid on one on ebay. Easy enough to fit that bit. Thanks for your help.

Back