Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Make Dacia
Model Sandero
Engine size/Type 898 cc
Year 2017
Mileage 19800

In my drivers side door for my Sandero I have the 2 window switches for the 2 front windows. A couple of weeks ago the right hand side refused to go back up. I got the AA out and they got the window up, but said they thought it was the switches themselves. I got a compatible part or at least what I thought was compatible. It certainly looks identical. Now the left hand side window will not go down at all. The drivers side window will go up and down just now, but have to press the switch 5 or 6 times as doesn't do it in one movement. And if the car lights are on it won't work at all. So seems to be some sort of electrical problem. If you say it is 100% the switch then i can try and get a an exact replacement for the old switch, but they all seem to be used and have to be posted to the UK from Europe. However the fact the drivers side window will not work with the lights on seems to indicate it's not just a switch problem, but something else like a fuse. Any advice appreciated.

The old switch part is 254118617R

The replacement part I got was 254118044R.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
To be honest, I think you need to get the exact switch replacement.......although it may look the same, the internals could well be different.
Both switches use the same shell, which is common on most vehicles.
John :)

Sponsored Links
I would check the wiring loom to the door at the hinge area too, a common failure point.
Double check the part numbers on the switch to see if they are the same.

Back