Another which boiler thread

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Currently have a circa 17 yo Alpha combi boiler which is massive and in the kitchen. House is 4 bed with one bathroom,

My plan is to get it moved in to the room directly above the kitchen but undecided which boiler to go for the choices so far are.

Intergas 30/36 installed for £1900 inc 5 year warranty.

Vaillant 831 installed for £1600 inc 7 year warranty

Atag 325CE trying to find a local installer but know they have 5 years warranty.

Please help me decide for the best. We don't use the heating much probably 3 hours a day as we have a log burner and tends to be more than enough to heat the living room and front bedrooms.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The 831 does not have the Flue heat recovery unit of the Atag... if you want that as an option then it costs mega bucks and makes the Bunny just as ugly as the Atag.

My choice is

Intergas/Atag (assuming you can live with the looks)
Then the Bunny third.

5 year vs. 7 year warranty? Personally I wouldn't be fussed either way.

Marketing gimmick (and yes we are Vaillant Advanced installers as well as IG and Atag approved - so offer long warranties on all 3).

? the ATAG will be cheaper than the Vaillant? It has a 5 year warranty too

Will it be cheaper? the prices I have seen are for the 325ec £250 more than what I could buy the 831 for straight off. As I said in OP I can get the valiant for 1600 installed,

@ Dan
The 831 does not have the Flue heat recovery unit of the Atag... if you want that as an option then it costs mega bucks and makes the Bunny just as ugly as the Atag.

Looks are not really important as its in a bedroom.

Just need to find an installer that can price me, or supplier that aint going to charge me £1250 for the boiler and get the fitter to instal.

Emailed Atag see what comes back unless you guys know anyone up in Wigan :D

The Baker of this forum does work in Wigan and is an IG installer really honest bloke and well worth contacting

Moving a boiler and upgrading the gas supply (they always need it) for £1600 inc VAT and materials is going to guarantee a sh|t job.

Certainly not the Plus Bunny with 7 years warranty.

We are in the Champagne ideas beer money territory.... or a case of the Internet not giving people realistic expectations. :rolleyes:

I,d fit a vail every time good to work on parts great to source very reliable
Don't give much bother

I dont pay near that for the ATAG BUT I buy a lot of boilers, I would give up pricing your own boilers and let the fitter do that he will get them cheaper.

I could afford to swap a combi to an ATAG for £1600 and still make canny profit. (no extras though gas upgrade/trvs/programmers/etc)

Moving a boiler and upgrading the gas supply (they always need it) for £1600 inc VAT and materials is going to guarantee a sh|t job.

Certainly not the Plus Bunny with 7 years warranty.

We are in the Champagne ideas beer money territory.... or a case of the Internet not giving people realistic expectations. :rolleyes:

Erm, why does my gas have to be upgraded? its 22mm so thats fine or has the engineer who btw is working for the local council/ BHE contractor over looked this?he is of course gas safe reg'd and also part p trained so no need for a sparky to come in etc.

I don't understand why you would think it would be shjt job, care to expand?

Do you tend to charge every one for gas upgrade? "upgrading the gas supply (they always need it) " that makes you sound like the tradesmen you hear about on watchdog ;)

i said swap with no extras dan, didnt notice the relocate then its probs £2300ish (last few were that ish)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back