Another wossthis question...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does this type of sheet have a proper name I can look for, or does anyone know where I can get it?

Cantilever-Carport-Canopy-Roofing-Sheet.jpg

Sponsored Links
I don't think I have come across plastic sheeting corrugated in that way before.

Is that a one piece sheet? Why the lack of abutment flashing?

I don't think I have come across plastic sheeting corrugated in that way before.
It's reasonably common with cantilevered carport/patio roofs.

Like I've got, and will need to take down to get access to the wall above, and which might not survive, which is why I want to see if I can find a supplier of just the sheeting

Is that a one piece sheet?
No - probably 6 sheets in that photo.

Why the lack of abutment flashing?
'cos the bandits who install them don't use it - they just run a bed of clear silicone, and are long gone by the time it starts to fail... :mad:

Sponsored Links
Yo - I'm pretty sure that that's who we bought ours from.

The problem with them is that they are only interested in selling and installing new canopies, not in doing anything to help existing owners do things to them.

One alternative is to use a hybrid framing of your own cantilever sections coupled with some timber supports and revert to a polycarb roof with glazing bars, a wall starter, ends, eaves etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back