Anti mould paint for bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
We suffer from mould forming on the ceiling during the winter months. I want to fit an extractor fan but due to the build of our house it is impossible to run the cable without smashing lumps out of the ceiling.

I am planning to fit a new bathroom suite next year so I want to wait until then to fit the fan and i can get the ceiling reskimmed at the same time as the walls.

In the meantime can anyone recommend any anti mould paint that would alleviate the problem until then. At the moment it has normal emulsion for bathrooms.

Thanks

Mike

Sponsored Links
they may say anti-mould on the tin but what they should say is the mould will take a few weeks longer to get a hold ! :)
Best to paint it with oil-based eggshell, at least if any mould does form (which is doubtful) you can clean it off with a bleachy cloth or spray.

they may say anti-mould on the tin but what they should say is the mould will take a few weeks longer to get a hold ! :)
Best to paint it with oil-based eggshell, at least if any mould does form (which is doubtful) you can clean it off with a bleachy cloth or spray.

Hi, my names michael long time listener, first time caller,

just like to say good comment, I had a similar problem a year or two ago and painted mine with oil-based eggshell and then wiped the rest away.

Sponsored Links
Most brands of paint have Kitchen and bathroom paint with anti mold in them.Ask paint dealer for a good water born kitchen, and bath paint.
If you have oil paint on the existing wall then you need a oil
primer prior to painting, as well as a good sanding.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back