Anti slip for open stairs (imoved from Projects)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have a wooden open staicase which I would like to renovate as each step is wrapped with a piece of carpet old and mucky.
I would like to remove the carpet and let the wood apparent as much as possible. I am just concerned by the stairs being slippery.

Where can I find either modern stair treads or some kind of anti slip solution? I would like to avoid these old fashionned carpet treads. I have seen this online, not bad: http://www.floormats.co.uk/stairtreads/clear-stair-treads

I live in Woking.

Thanks.

Letty

Sponsored Links
WE are increasingly being asked to fit treads etc to open plan and oak staircases that are slippery, truth be told, you could have any carpet made into treads that would aesthetically be better than fully wrapped treads etc. We have had a lot of success supplying loop pile carpets, pinned and bound to the step both full width and with boarders, these can be 'secret pinned' or design pins from companies like Stairrods UK are also available and work well (as can their easybind edging if it appeals to edge each tread).

There are a couple of very good independent shops in your area (especially West Byfleet) that could advise you of the possibilities.

Sponsored Links
Freddiemercurystwin,

Have you used yourself or seen if OSMO Anti-Slip (R9) works well.
I can't find any reviews for it, the only reviews I can find for OSMO concern the oil products.
Thanks.

Letty

I cleaned my stairs, wood is lovely under the carpet, it is varnished and highly slippery.
Wonder if OSMO works on varnished wood.
Just found 125ml pot on Amazon, will try.
Thanks.
Letty

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back