Anti Social Trouble - DO NOT RESURRECT OLD THREADS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just asking if ayone's had the same problems and managed to sort things out.
I've the trouble of kids and youths playing on a field next our garden fence.

We used to have kids constantly climbing over to get the ball back, which descended into them routinely vandalising the fence. not much but enought to have me out there 2/3 times a week to mend it and spend money on top.
To my relief, they did eventually move. and had 6 years of peace.
Unfortunatly though, a new batch of them had descended.

Bearing in mind the police allow kids to routinely vandalise and ruin the the lives of neighbours, but woe betide anyone trying to protect their property, has anyone got any suggestions I could try? I know razor wire may help but not sure about regs. regarding it. I have been told about carpet grip and the like, but if if they got injured THEN the police would be concerned.

Sponsored Links
you are not allowed to use razor wire or barbed wire

However, if times are hard and you can't afford to buy proper fencing, some sturdy lumps of scrap timber, perhaps with splinters, can be nailed up. The points of the nails must not protrude onto the public side.

Firstly, stop being a grumpy old man, you want a house next to a field, this is what happens, happened in my day, happened in my dads day.

Their kids, you want the police do do something :rolleyes:

Anyway.

1. Get a decent fence, some will end up climbing it regardless, it's what kids do.

2. in regards to razor wire ect.

Therefore clear signage warning of an injurious topping on your wall or fence will limit your liability providing that signage is specific to the risk, e.g. ‘Danger of Injury Do not climb over spikes’ and the danger can be seen.

3. prickly shrubs and vines are exempt from legislation

http://thecrimepreventionwebsite.co...the-uk-law-concerning-fences-walls-and-gates/

.......couple of sticks of carpet gripper work wonders

I am still looking to return someone's skin but no one has yet tried to claim it

....more importantly no one has complained or climbed my fence since

Sponsored Links
Firstly, stop being a grumpy old man, you want a house next to a field, this is what happens, happened in my day, happened in my dads day.

Their kids, you want the police do do something :rolleyes:

I realise that you are a self-confessed troll, so you may be trying to get a reaction. Are you saying that having your garden regularly invaded, and your property damaged is something that you would ignore?

Trespass and criminal damage are criminal offence. It's easy to be laid back about it, when it's not your life that is being affected by other people's unruly kids. :rolleyes:

Clearly its not ideal, but if your out all day, there ball goes into your garden, and they cannot get to it from around the front, ulitmatly, what do you expect them to do? Honestly.

Is it a random field, or a play field?
Presumably in a fairly built up area?
What is the current fence, some whippy lap panel job?

Daniel

I realise that you are a self-confessed troll

Why do you lie?

I never said such a thing.

Are you saying that having your garden regularly invaded, and your property damaged is something that you would ignore?

You make it sound like they are smashing his windows and smearing faeces on his walls.

Rather than jumping over a rickety fence and trampling on a few plants.

Trespass and criminal damage are criminal offence. It's easy to be laid back about it, when it's not your life that is being affected by other people's unruly kids. :rolleyes:

"unruly kids".

So you never jumped into someone's garden to get a ball, clearly the police must be involved to deal with such anti-social behaviour.

you know this is just the reality of semi urban life, kids play ball, kids get ball, even that link I posted specifically mentions "kids climbing a fence to retrieve a ball".

Lighten up.

Why do you lie?

I think you'll find it's not me that tells lies -

I suspect, looking at your thank count, that you only really post in GD, hence you only see my troll face.

Yes, I troll in GD, but quite successfully.

Quote taken from this thread -

//www.diynot.com/forums/general-discussion/insulting-comments.358763/page-3#2711709

Successful troll, but unsuccessful liar. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Back on the subject in hand. You seem to be confusing the harmless retrival of a ball, with regular vandalism and trespassing. It is traditional to knock on someone's door first, not damage people's property and invade their gardens. Perhaps you weren't brought up properly.

As said, it's easy to take a casual stance when it's happening to other people. When you suffer anti-social behaviour, albeit low level, then it can be a problem and cause distress.

What about some of that non-drying paint stuff on the outside of the fence - or a f****** big dog.

Why do you lie?

I think you'll find it's not me that tells lies -

I suspect, looking at your thank count, that you only really post in GD, hence you only see my troll face.

Yes, I troll in GD, but quite successfully.

Quote taken from this thread -

//www.diynot.com/forums/general-discussion/insulting-comments.358763/page-3#2711709

Successful troll, but unsuccessful liar. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I don't think you quite get this trolling thing do you?

:slam dunk:

Back on the subject in hand. You seem to be confusing the harmless retrival of a ball, with regular vandalism and trespassing. It is traditional to knock on someone's door first, not damage people's property and invade their gardens. Perhaps you weren't brought up properly.

As said, it's easy to take a casual stance when it's happening to other people. When you suffer anti-social behaviour, albeit low level, then it can be a problem and cause distress.

Ok, I agree, let's call the rozzers!

"I'm sorry madame but we have unsolved violent crimes that we were unable to tie up, due to other emergency calls".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back