Anti Social Trouble - DO NOT RESURRECT OLD THREADS

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Aaron, you think anti social behaviour is something to be put up with? It's fine for youths to constantly trespass on people's property etc, etc (after all , their only getting their ball back, whilst breaking down the fence in the process)
What about this lady ?
http://www.insidehousing.co.uk/6515691.article
Probably started when she told a few youths off for getting their ball back and escalated (that's what these youths do though, but that's alright),,, to the final tragic result. These same youths more than likely have a new target (but that's alright, they're only messing about,,, ) Innit.

Sponsored Links
Ok whitespirit, trolling you is like shooting fish in a barrel,

Is that the best you've got? :LOL:

I'm not surprised that you were in favour of the children playing their games and annoying the adults. That's exactly what you do on here.

Just asking if ayone's had the same problems and managed to sort things out.
I've the trouble of kids and youths playing on a field next our garden fence.

We used to have kids constantly climbing over to get the ball back, which descended into them routinely vandalising the fence. not much but enought to have me out there 2/3 times a week to mend it and spend money on top.
To my relief, they did eventually move. and had 6 years of peace.
Unfortunatly though, a new batch of them had descended.

Bearing in mind the police allow kids to routinely vandalise and ruin the the lives of neighbours, but woe betide anyone trying to protect their property, has anyone got any suggestions I could try? I know razor wire may help but not sure about regs. regarding it. I have been told about carpet grip and the like, but if if they got injured THEN the police would be concerned.

I remember a few years back a certain place...may have been a row of shops or some other area where they all congregate and they used a device which was very low pitched and sent out a constant annoying tone but it could only be heard by kids under the age of 15/16 ( I think it was that age) as your hearing deteriorates as you get older it wont bother adults, maybe some research will get it for you

Sponsored Links
That noise machine costs upward of £750, as I looked into this aswell. Anti-climb paint £22.

Andy

Just asking if ayone's had the same problems and managed to sort things out.
I've the trouble of kids and youths playing on a field next our garden fence.

We used to have kids constantly climbing over to get the ball back, which descended into them routinely vandalising the fence. not much but enought to have me out there 2/3 times a week to mend it and spend money on top.
To my relief, they did eventually move. and had 6 years of peace.
Unfortunatly though, a new batch of them had descended.

Bearing in mind the police allow kids to routinely vandalise and ruin the the lives of neighbours, but woe betide anyone trying to protect their property, has anyone got any suggestions I could try? I know razor wire may help but not sure about regs. regarding it. I have been told about carpet grip and the like, but if if they got injured THEN the police would be concerned.

I remember a few years back a certain place...may have been a row of shops or some other area where they all congregate and they used a device which was very low pitched and sent out a constant annoying tone but it could only be heard by kids under the age of 15/16 ( I think it was that age) as your hearing deteriorates as you get older it wont bother adults, maybe some research will get it for you

The device is called a Mosquito. Not cheap, so only really as a last resort to a serious problem.

http://www.compoundsecurity.co.uk/mosquito-mk4-multi-age-anti-loitering-security-device

The anti-burglar paint is good. We had a similar problem and painted a 4" deep band of it at the top on our side, and it works.
The problem with approaching kids about getting the ball is that they start to make a game of it and things can easily escalate and people can become targets.
Even 'low-level' anti-social behaviour is no fun when it happens to you. We used to look forward to the rain and dark evenings.

Bloomin heck...did not know they was that expensive...I would go for the paint, it really must be annoying for the OP

Firstly, stop being a grumpy old man, you want a house next to a field, this is what happens, happened in my day, happened in my dads day.

This must make you just about a teenager then Aaron. In my day, you got a belting off yer parents for causing any trouble with the neighbours. In my dad's days, you got a clip round the ear off the local bobby, a belting off yer parents and made to go round and apologise properly to the neighbour.
No wonder you think anti social behaviour is alright. (or as us old un's say "You aint done crapping in yer nappy yet." )

Firstly, stop being a grumpy old man, you want a house next to a field, this is what happens, happened in my day, happened in my dads day.

This must make you just about a teenager then Aaron. In my day, you got a belting off yer parents for causing any trouble with the neighbours. In my dad's days, you got a clip round the ear off the local bobby, a belting off yer parents and made to go round and apologise properly to the neighbour.
No wonder you think anti social behaviour is alright. (or as us old un's say "You aint done crapping in yer nappy yet." )

Isn't that the truth. I remember those days, when I was a kid. It's sad, isn't it, that despite all the technological advances we've made since then, we've had to lose some good things too?

Just an update to clarify my post, the house next door was demolished, cleared and now is grassed, leaving our once internal garden fence the one in question. Them Getting the ball back isn't the problem, it's the needless vandalism e.g boards being prized off just for the hell of it with no ball involved. I've tried keeping the peace by letting some things slide. Other times trying to reason with them if i've offended them etc but to no avail. It's a 5' concrete posts. 2 4x3" rails, 6x1" about 40' long. May just have to upgrade the fence when i get dosh sorted. I'll send out thanks when i'm on a pc, my phone has a limited browser. . But thanks all for your help.. Even the troll.. 1st time i've been trolled. Very amusing lol. I'll watch out for your posts

In my dad's days, you got a clip round the ear off the local bobby, a belting off yer parents
we've had to lose some good things too?

:rolleyes:

Them Getting the ball back isn't the problem, it's the needless vandalism e.g boards being prized off just for the hell of it with no ball involved. I've tried keeping the peace by letting some things slide. Other times trying to reason with them if i've offended them etc but to no avail.

Ahh, well why didn't you properly explain yourself in the OP.

Grab them by the collar and physically drag them to their parents, tell them to sort them out. Tell the police if they refuse to deal with it, you will be force to "deal" with them, the police only understand threats.

Just an update to clarify my post, the house next door was demolished, cleared and now is grassed, leaving our once internal garden fence the one in question. Them Getting the ball back isn't the problem, it's the needless vandalism e.g boards being prized off just for the hell of it with no ball involved. I've tried keeping the peace by letting some things slide. Other times trying to reason with them if i've offended them etc but to no avail. It's a 5' concrete posts. 2 4x3" rails, 6x1" about 40' long. May just have to upgrade the fence when i get dosh sorted. I'll send out thanks when i'm on a pc, my phone has a limited browser. . But thanks all for your help.. Even the troll.. 1st time i've been trolled. Very amusing lol. I'll watch out for your posts

If this turns out to be persistent vandalism, I'd complain to the police. Yes, I know they won't do anything about it but, if you make sure to inform them of every occurrence and, better still, can provide some photographic evidence of the culprits, they might just stir themselves to act.

One thing that does seem to persuade the police to do something is to publicise. Write to your favourite newspaper (the Daily Mail is the one I'd choose) and provide them with the photographs. You can be sure that would be equivalent of sticking a boot up the police's arse.

I know many would turn round and say that it's just kids being kids, but criminal damage is criminal damage and, what's more, can become expensive.

(Edit: Funny, that. I get a red, wavy line underneath the 'a' word when I type it, which suggests that the word isn't recognised. Yet when it's posted, they suddenly realise what it is and censor it!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back