Anti vac bottle trap problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,
I have a bit of leak problem, wondered if anyone could hep please?
I've put a new basin in and it's to be linked to the shower/bath waste (tho it's not yet), so I put an anti vac bottle trap on which is fine, until you run a full basin, then let the water out, or fill untill it comes thru the overflow, then it leaks from the air admittance part of the anti vac trap :eek: , like it's very full and comes out the valve area. It is 32mm waste going up to 40mm as it drops down at the rear of the basin.

Should the anti vac be able to leak from there?
I tried blowing down the trap and it's airtight, suck and it lets air in, so that seems right, isn't it?

Any help mucho apprecio

Sponsored Links
I am answering my own post here, but I was just looking round the threads and I wonder if it is just the 'basin mate' scenario.....

Sometimes not easy to tell where its coming from, basin mate would be an idea if you haven't fitted one. Should seal, provided there isnt any flaws in the casting of the basin at that point.

I had issues with a basin that wouldnt seal, could not work out where it was leaking. Turned out it was the trap from Screwfix, simply would NOT seal. Changed to a McAlpine trap and leak sorted.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back