Any Advice on Fixing This Leak?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a leak in the roof over my utility room, which has come to light since the storms started in October. Whilst I'm OK with doing most internal things DIY, this is a new area for me, so some advice would be gratefully received. When it rains, water drips from this pipe clip (a gas pipe in case you wondered why it wasn't insulated.)

From Loft Hatch.JPG

As far as I can tell, it seems to have soaked its way down the joist which forms the base of a valley from an area where a portion of the tile pokes through the membrane, which is ringed in red in the photo below taken from the other side of the joist.

Other Side.JPG

From the outside, the roof looks OK (to me anyway). Difficult to tell exactly where it is, but I think the ripped membrane would be somewhere under the middle of the roof area that is visible in the photo below, on the far side of the valley. The valley itself appears to be fibreglass, is approx. 17 years old, and has no obvious sign of damage.

Outside.JPG

I've called three roofing companies over a month ago now, two never got back to me, one said they would get back to me but haven't......So, is there anything I can do as a temporary repair, until demand for roofers has dropped and I can get someone to look at it, or maybe even fix it properly myself?

Sponsored Links
This area looks suspect, might be worth checking the pointing to the valley and the tile(s) appears damaged but not 100%

This tile is not sitting correctly .possibly a leak source

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240105-064317.png
    Screenshot_20240105-064317.png
    940.9 KB · Views: 39
Sponsored Links
This area looks suspect, might be worth checking the pointing to the valley and the tile(s) appears damaged but not 100%
Apologies @stem, thought I’d attached the image but didn’t

Attachments

• 38BF19E3-02B9-470F-827F-A267CA3E2054.jpeg
    38BF19E3-02B9-470F-827F-A267CA3E2054.jpeg
    480.8 KB · Views: 31

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back