Any foam gun users out there?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am building an ICF house and in amongst all the gear was a foam gun (and 48 cans of low expansion foam). There were no instructions with the foam gun. I am quite happy with all the procedures for loading and changing cannisters and how to clean it. My question is whether you need to use some sort of extra nozzle on the end of the gun to protect the ball at the end or whether you just stick the needle where you want the foam and pull the trigger?

Sponsored Links
ball on the end???
do you mean that little piece of brass you see in the middle?

if so then this is just the thin metal that works by being pulled backwards when you trigger the gun.

once you have finished with the gun at the end of the day leave the can connected to the gun,but make sure you wind the adjuster up to stop any air getting into it.

Yes, that is what I mean. Thanks for the tip about closing the screw.

AA

Yes, that is what I mean. Thanks for the tip about closing the screw.

AA
Buy some cans of cleaner and blast it through after every few cans. When switching an empty can you can unscrew it quick, squirt some cleaner in the hole and then screw on the next can. Often worth buying a spare gun in case you misplace it or it stops working.

Sponsored Links
If you do get a hard layer of foam set on the nozzle (which happens) whatever you do don't rub it with abrasive paper. If you rub down the brass pin it won't seal and the gun will be next to useless.

Every time i stop for a while or change over foam can I'll spray the cleaner though lasted years

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back