any help appreciated

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a hotpoint wma44 washing machine when it is switched on three or four lights come on at the same time, say "wash" "spin" "rinse" .

Normally only the programme selected light comes on. after stripping it down I noticed a little charring/black soot around one of the parts of the printed circuit board.

Is it therefore likely that the whole board will need replaced (cost £70) or is it possible that something else is causing my problem.

regards,

Sponsored Links
Not an electrician and may be way off but on my car when my alternator went, 6 or seven lights lit at once (including battery light) and when I found out it was alternator, and queried 6 lights on all at once to alternator engineer, he said it was more than likely a "common ground" which all lights lit. When new alternator fitted, all lights went out.

So, in your case maybe its a common ground prob where something has blown (including PCB?) ... question is ... what ...

Maybe I am way off the mark as I've said and perhaps this is the worst reply anyones ever had :) but I've had help recently in my issue and would like to give something back :)

My guess is someone else with exact knowledge of this will reply soon ... they're a great bunch here :)

Also, try looking for the part on ebay ... you will be surprised at prices if you are lucky finding the exact part :)

BUT REMEMBER - always unplug from the mains when poking around - dont rely on power on off switch to work (or not work!!!) and always be wary of electrical components still live (not discharged) even when unplugged !!! If in doubt - call an engineer out :) (but personally I like to play :) ) - I took my digital camera apart the other day (zoom problems) ... no batteries in, but got a hell of a zap off the small pcb inside ... and thats just from a digital camera!!!

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Steve.

Sponsored Links
Thnx mate, ...I have to say I was surprised to a reply so soon.!! I came back online to send some mail and thought I would have a lookin on the off chance..
your comments are most welcome, I shall look for a common ground fault first before I order any parts. I talked to a supplier today, he sais it will take about ten days to get the part, but gives no gaurantee it will solve my prob.
( fair enough I think)

*Crikey* I just noticed you posted the url....topman...... will let u know how I get on.

thnx very much,
regards,
The Shugster

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back