Hotpoint WMA35 washer - not spinning / not trying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

We have a Hotpoint WMA35 washing machine. The drum is not spinning, there is not even a noice from motor as if it's trying to spin.
Basically, after selecting the desired programme, the drum fills with water, then the wash lights come on. Normally, the drum starts rotating at this point. Now, nothing. The lights are on but nothing is happening. No noise or anything.

Has the motor gone?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
brushes gone in motor need replacment brushes

yes remove motor first ,2 13mm bolts and plug connector.inspect brushes first 3 types of brushes ,then search espares / masterpart /ebay for a good price.brushes are fitted to side of motor

Sponsored Links
yes remove motor first ,2 13mm bolts and plug connector.inspect brushes first 3 types of brushes ,then search espares / masterpart /ebay for a good price.brushes are fitted to side of motor

Many thanks rocks1. Is the motor at the back of the drum or underneath it - i.e. Is it back off or bottom off?

back left of mc ,remove rear panel white with 3 screws and your in

rocks1, picture below of one of the brushes from the motor.
Isn't the spring loaded carbon rod normally alot longer than this, guess this ones very worn?

Do you know of any high street shops where I could buy a set of new brushes tomorrow, wife wants her washing machine back!! if not, guess i will have to buy of the internet and awit delivery.

Cheers

P1010038.jpg

oh yes deff knacked brushes should be at least be a inch on there .any shops near you that sell whitegoods ,they will have them

just been on yell .com . appliance repairs leeds, it lists 26 for you to choose from :LOL:

Cheers, going to pick a set up today. Just one further question - the belt came off the drum when I removed the motor. Is it a case of trying to find the drum spindle and looping the belt back over. I only took off the small metal access panel to get to the motor.

yes loop it over motor first then over pulley you might find it quicker by useing a cable tie round pulley and the belt .then pull on to motor

Right, everything seems to be working fine, thank you very much. it was a right pain in the ass to get belt back on. The belt is not exactly centred on the drum pulley, it's more to the back and I think it's probably touching the drum. Will the belt centralize itself over time on the drum pulley? It's on a test wash now (empty) and it does sound as though the belt is rubbing!

just move the belt nearer to end of moter ,it should be 1 tooth from the end , moving it slighty by just pulling the belt over 1 tooth at a time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back