Zanussi washing machine ZWF 1621W Drum wont spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I overloaded the washing machine and it washed ok but stopped at the spin stage and now the drum wont spin. The m/c fills up and drains ok but wont spin. There is a brief normal motor sound after filling then nothing happens, no noises it just stops. Is there anything I can do or do I need to buy a new one?

Sponsored Links
as for fixing it, if you feel confident then go for it. just remember to always pull the plug out before your screwdrivers ;o)

just to clarify...
does it wash as normal, then won't spin... or by spin you mean it won't rotate at all?

as for a new machine, depends on the age of it, and if its been used a lot.. like any other item i suppose.

Thanks for replying. After filling up, it makes the same noises it used to (sounds like the drum is trying to spin but it isn't) for about 10 seconds then it stops and nothing happens. The same happens on all programs. It only fills, and empties, that's it, but there are no unusual noises and the drum spins manually by hand and sounds normal when turning it, both ways, manually. It is about 5 years old, and used everyday (big family)

Sounds like the belt has come off.

Open the door and remove all clothes, then try and spin the drum with your hand, does it spin around very easily? If so then remove machine and remove the back or top of the machine and check inside.

MAKE SURE IT IS UNPLUGGED!

Andy

Sponsored Links
if your not sure, you can look on youtube and type in something like "how to replace washing machine belt"

if the belt's ok, move onto carbon brushes.. again on youtube.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back