Any help identifying this key or know where I can get one?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need a replacement key for the one pictured below. I originally just bought a Star Bolt Key, but it doesn't work the lock. I think the fact it had a 'blunt' end as opposed to a pointed end was the problem.

However, now I know I need this particular type of key, both B&Q and Timpsons have just shrugged at me. I can't find a matching picture from a google search of 'pointed star bolt key' or just 'star bolt key', so I was hoping someone on here would know what I should be searching for, or where I can get another one of these.

Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
show us a pic of the bolt that it fits.

the point is to push aside the spring which holds the bolt and prevents it being levered back into the door. Not all start keys have such a sharp point. Sometimes the spring breaks, but it is quite easy to fit a new bolt.

If the hole drilled in the face of the door is not well-aligned with the hole in the side of the mortice bolt, the point helps it find its way in.

When the teeth on the bolt and/or the key get worn, the bolts do not operate smoothly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back