Any Help With Levelling A Floor. . . please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got a kitchen floor i need to level off and hoped someone with more knowledge than i, could help! I've been told i need some sort of self levelling product, but have no idea what it is, where to get it, if it's any good etc?? Most importantly, is it something i should try, given my lack of experience, or is there a good chance i'll just make an arse of it.

The other problem with it is, it's about 80% concrete, with the rest being floor boards (used to be access down to cellar i believe) is there a way i could board over these so that it would work, or is it just gonna crack when it sets?? Sorry for so many questions, any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
For what purpose do you need to level it - i.e. what material are you going to cover the floor with?

hi,

lino in all probability, in so far as what we're likely to cover it with. If ceramic floor tiles were an option after levelling, then maybe, but think orherwise as it;s not cost effective??

Sponsored Links
If you are going to lay lino, cushion vinyl or something similar then you will need a good smooth surface to work with.

As you have both concrete and wood to level this will complicate matters.

If the wood area is flush and runs level with the concrete then you would need to use a levelling compound that has flexible properties (eg. F. Balls F 700). If the wood is floorboard i.e. with gaps in, then you are better filling the gaps first to prevent the screed running through.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back