Any low force microswitch for mouse?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, just replaced a faulty microswitch in a mouse with one of these https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/microswitches/5388771
After fitting the operating force is much higher than the original ones and it isn't comfortable.
For some reason the standard force (c farness, mouser, rapidonline) seems to be 150g/1.5N and I can't seem to locate any lighter ones.

Does anyone have any hint/pointer? It can't be that hard to find one suitable for a mouse click!

Backup plan is to swap the "left" and "wheel" click, as I hardly click the wheel so higher force will be ok. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
This one made by C&K
upload_2019-6-26_12-43-24.png

is 50 grams operating force.

What shape is the switch in the mouse ?

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/microswitches/1544705/
Actuator Type Standard
Terminal Type Pc Pin
Contact Current Rating 300 mA @ 30 V dc
Contact Configuration SPDT
Operating Force 50 g
Minimum Operating Temperature -25°C
Maximum Operating Temperature +70°C
Contact Material Copper Alloy
Case Material PA
Operating Temperature Range -25 → +70°C
Voltage Rating 30V dc

What shape is the switch in the mouse ?
Basically exactly matches the one i linked. That one works perfectly from a physical and electrical point of view but i just found the issue with f operation force.

The one you shared is probably the same force on the actual pin, but the lever makes it lower at the end you press. Unfortunately wouldn't fit without removing the lever somehow.

Sponsored Links
Ooosp

Missed the link to the one you have.

Look at the C&K website catalogue. Low force ones are also very low current rating.

Thanks, I've had a look on the C&K (they are one of the ones sold by mouser) and there's nothing suitable. 150gm seems to be a rigid standard for some reason.

I don't know if this is relevant, but we have had three Logitech mice in which the left click button microswitches became unreliable, and they weren't cheap either!
I fixed two by opening them up and simply applying a little WD40. The third one is now showing signs of the same problem.
I think I'll avoid Logitech mice in future!

You can often find the replacement switch on ebay etc.
Just get the details off an existing one.

What I have done in the past is remove the switch from an old mousse and reuse that, or swap the middle button for the left (usually the one to go).

Oh yes thanks for all the replies, in the end I moved the new one with the heavy click into the middle wheel, and put the original wheel one on the left click. Worked perfectly today!

Sponsored Links
Back