Any Nest Pro Installers or Experience of?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

To cut a long story short, i installed a nest 3rd gen thermostat myself 2 years ago, but the device itself has gone faulty so nest are sending me a replacement. As part of the deal, they are giving me a free pro installation too, however im not sure if theres any point as i will just replace like for like.

Is there any benefit to me getting a pro in to do it at all? I guess im wondering what extent they will go to, for example will they find a better place for the thermo and channel out my wall to sort the wiring etc. So something worthwhile or will they just do the same job as i have and plug into the nearest socket....in which case i dont want to waste their time

Sponsored Links
You installed it, and ignored the advice in the instructions
Screenshot 2018-10-31 23.31.32.png

and now it doesnt work.

I really, really think that you should take the free pro installation that has been offered.

View attachment 151323
and now it doesnt work.

I really, really think that you should take the free pro installation that has been offered.
I really hope it's not High Voltage! I was under the impression Nest is low voltage or 230 volt? I would agree that if Nest is paying for some one to fit it let them fit it. Likely they will do same as you, however should it go faulty again Nest can't blame you.

View attachment 151323
and now it doesnt work.

Come on, lighten up, its not compulsory for them to be installed by a pro....i wasnt even asked who installed it when i phoned them.

Also, the issue is with the heatlink and thermostat not talking to each other.

It was working fine for 2 years so yeah im pretty happy i fitted it fine.

Sponsored Links
I really hope it's not High Voltage! I was under the impression Nest is low voltage or 230 volt? I would agree that if Nest is paying for some one to fit it let them fit it. Likely they will do same as you, however should it go faulty again Nest can't blame you.

Agreed. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back