Any one still use browning??

S

Skimmers

In the title do you still use browning on say large sale Float & set full walls ect or just patch work?????
went in wickes the weekend to load up and there was about a 3/4 pallets of browning on the racks is it still popular

Sponsored Links
Yes. In this area - tho i can only speak in a limited way. But why isn't it used by or near you?

Hardwall and Bonding powders seem to be used more often in place of Browning nowadays. But i really dont know much about these issues.

If you dont mind me saying, why are you using sheds? Personally, i'd pay that little extra to use independent building suppliers. Once the sheds have the grip then the prices will rocket, and whatever rubbish service they provide now will even get worse. Just saying.

the thing with (sheds) is they are warm and dry not out in a tin shed in a builders yard cheaper then builders yard if your buying 5 or more your saving money!!!!
Soo the gear is kept in the dry no moisture from the weather better prices and better stock.
iv used sheds for about 7 years now and cant say the prices have changed that much to make me want to use a builders yard
iv got jewson travis and wickes down the road and id rather use wickes.
If Im on site then i don't care where it coes from as im not supplying!!

wickes all the way for me cheaper beads cheaper plaster cheaper PVA cheaper scrim cheaper screws cheaper boards = save more £££££££

I used wickes for years but went into Jewsons with a price list and they beat all the prices by a fair way
Problem with builders merchants is you need to haggle to start off with on the prices, once you do get the terms set up and happy days also my local Jewsons give trade accounts free delivery

If they can't beat the prices go to another merchant

Recently been speaking to a local merchant who beat the current prices I'm paying so may be moving to them

Interested to gear what other spreads get there gear for mainly finish and bonding etc

I currently pay £3.60 for skim and £5.40 for bonding and hardwall
Beads and pva from whack or similar at 60p a 2.4 length and selocrete pva at £6.25

Sponsored Links
tad under £5 for muilti
£5.80 board finish
MP75 £6
MP spray finish £5.90
Bg spray by the pallet
hardwall bonding ect about £7
PVA 5L £10
betokontakt £65
BOND IT £70
beads just gone up to £1.50
stranded boards £6
mono £9
base £10
plastering sand small bags £1.30 tone £35
i can get all the muilti i want but has to be in bulk

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back